Many, many readers have asked me to write a novella between Thirty-Four and a Half Predicaments and Thirty-Five and a Half Conspiracies, and I’ve said no. There will be no novella.
That doesn’t mean there can’t be bonus scenes.
Over the summer, and maybe into the fall until the release of Thirty-Five in November, I’m going to release what I’m calling “bonus chapters.” These chapters fall between Thirty-Four and the beginning of Thirty-Five. They will all be strictly other character POVs. There might be one chapter. There might be two. I’m writing them as they fit into my crazy summer schedule.
I’ve written the first two chapters and I’m releasing them on Tuesday, June 2. Here’s a hint: The first chapter is from Mason’s POV.
How can you read them?
Like the previous novellas, I’ll post links and passwords to the chapters. I’ll be sending out several newsletters between now and November 3, so you’ll have to read the emails and see if the links and passwords are inside. Hint: These chapters are bonus, so they will not be leading my newsletters. The newsletters will be sent out for other reasons so the link and password will be a the bottom of the email.
Now a few things:
1) I have no idea how many chapters I will write. Again, I’m fitting these into my schedule. You’ll need to watch the newsletter so see if I’ve posted new chapters.
2) Yes, they are short. PLEASE do not message or email me that you’re upset and angry that they are too short. (Although I do recognize and appreciate good-natured posts saying you want more.) If you don’t like reading a few chapters at a time, then read the bonus material closer to the release of Thirty-Five.
3) No, I don’t know when I will post the last one. See #1.
4) I do not plan to put these chapters for sale. I usually put the novellas up for sale, but since I have no idea how many chapters there will be, I’ve decided to keep the content free. When Thirty-Five comes out, I will most likely put them at the end of Thirty-Four.
5) There is no title for these chapters other than “Thirty-Four And a Half Predicaments Bonus Chapters.”
6) Yes, I plan to include a chapter from Skeeter. 🙂
7) No, I do not plan to include a chapter from Joe.
8) Yes, I am mean. My children will attest to this. 😉
9) I think most or all of the chapters take place the evening at the end of Thirty-Four. Consider them the reactions of supporting characters. This is truly bonus material.
10) If you have not read Thirty-Four and a Half Predicaments, THIS WILL HAVE MAJOR SPOILERS.
11) You will not have to read the bonus content to understand what’s going on in Thirty-Five and a Half Conspiracies. If anything important is mentioned, it will be repeated in Thirty-Five.
12) I’m writing this bonus material as a gift to y’all. Please, please, please do not email, message, or Tweet me to complain about the bonus material. I received so much negative feedback about the limited length of time Ripple of Secrets was available on my website that I considered not doing this at all.
All that being said, I really do like giving y’all extra reading material. And I really loved writing the first two chapters. I don’t always know what characters will do until I write them. Believe it or not, I worry about my characters too. I like seeing what they are doing.
REMEMBER, to read you must be signed up for my newsletter! Click here to sign up. There’s also a place at the top of the upper right sidebar.